Here it is, my favourite blog entry of the year. The entry where I get to count my blessings, as I go through all my photos and put together a slideshow of my year in highlights.
2011 involved incredible work fun for me. All over the world. In these twelve months, I travelled to Thailand, India (twice!), Mexico, Nepal, the USA, Banff + Rwanda. This is all in addition to a full wedding season here in Toronto. What I enjoyed the most without question, was witnessing that love was love, joy was joy, and hilarity was hilarity, no matter where I was, and no matter what language was being spoken.
I feel humbled by all that I saw, shared and felt. I’m excited to share some of that with you now. I hope you enjoy this slideshow, and the slice of how I see the world.
(Press PAUSE immediately, to allow the slideshow to load. It’s long, so be patient. Once loaded, press PLAY. This way it won’t skip or buffer.)
As lucky as I feel, I am well aware that this year was so great because of a few particular dear dear people… My gratitude goes to :
- Greg White for second shooting for me this season, and Amanda Wheatley for assisting. What a team we were!
- Jen Arron for second shooting with me at weddings in Banff and in India. I could not have imagined up a better travel-shoot partner. Thank you also for being the dream business to share my office with. Sole Proprietor never felt less sole!
- Leanne Nicole from Plan Canada for trusting me on your trips to India + Rwanda. They have changed me forever.
- My clients who wed this year, and believed that I could take photos that represent your experience of an extremely important day. I never take for granted what you shared with me.
- My clients who shared their families with me. I always leave your houses bubbling over from all the laughter and love.
Happiest of happy New Years to you. May 2012 bring more adventure, love and connection that you could ever imagine.