Here's my 5 step process to having your photos cross the seas without leaving your computer.
1. Post photos on your blog about something interesting/shocking/eye-opening. ie// The first integrated prom at Charleston High School in Mississippi, like I posted on my blog here.
2. Have NPR find it. (Public radio in the USA). They produce a slideshow and story using your photos.
3. Enough people watch/listen/read NPR that other media start contacting you. Flurries of random requests in in different languages.
4. In a blink, you are sending photos across the ocean to press like The Independent in London England. And they write a story on this crazy event.
5. Understand that if something is interesting enough, there are no borders.